Hair trends are constantly changing. Therefore, it is very important for a hair salon to ensure that they keep up with it. Nowadays, everyone has so much going on that simple self-care is often neglected. In my opinion, receiving the care you deserve is the most crucial thing for your physical and mental well-being.
I’ve compiled a list of the top 7 hair salons in Merced, California, where you can be sure that all of your needs will be catered to respectfully and efficiently. Check it out!
7 Best Hair Salons in Merced CA
1. Retro Lux Hair Salon & Lounge
Professional and seasoned stylists and nail technicians are extremely proud of their work at Retro Lux. You can get sophisticated haircuts, vibrant colors, and helpful styling tips for a great price. All this takes place in a welcoming, laid-back setting without intrusive retail sales pressure. You can have everything if you just name it.
Carla, the owner, has experience working at JCPenny’s and Super Cuts and many others for over 20 years. After returning to Merced from San Luis Obispo, California, Charla worked at Bladerunner Day Spa & Salon from 1996 through 2012; that’s when she purchased Retro Lux Salon.
Why Retro Lux Hair Salon & Lounge:
- Every session is completed and groomed with instructions on how YOU may care for and nurture your hair at home.
- There are always free consultations available.
- Through continual training, they remain current with cutting-edge methods.
- You can choose between a classic style and soft highlights, as well as a fashionable razor cut and modern hair color.
Retro Lux Hair Salon & Lounge Contact Details:
- Website: www.retroluxsalon.com
- Location: 436 W Main St Merced, CA 95340
- Contact: (209) 723-0862
- Reviews: 99 Reviews on Google
- Ratings: 4.2/5
2. Main St. Girlz Salon
At Main St. Girlz Salon, feel free to drop by and receive a free consultation from a hair/nail specialist. To meet any demands or desires you may have about hair, they have a number of hair stylists available, providing a wide range of innovative and high-quality services.
Main St. Girlz Salon was Established in 2012 by Lourdes, a manicurist with over 9 years of expertise who is an incredibly hard-working individual. She has extensive knowledge and experience in the beauty sector, as do her employees. They make an effort to stay updated with trends while delivering top-notch service.
Why Main St. Girlz Salon:
- Acrylic nails, manicures, and Opi gel polish are Lourdes’ areas of expertise.
- The business owner speaks both English and Spanish.
- A salon offers comprehensive services for hair, nails, and waxing.
- Have received three Merced Sun Star Readers Choice Award nominations for best Salon in a row.
Main St. Girlz Salon Contact Details:
- Website: www.mainstgirlzsalon.com
- Location: 942 W Main St Merced, CA 95340
- Contact: (209) 777-1970
- Reviews: 20 Reviews on Yelp
- Ratings: 4.5/5
3. Tuluz Beauty Salon
The founder of Tuluz, located in Bob Hart Square in the Downtown Merced neighborhood, is ShanithaTulu S. She is a stunning Black woman who enjoys working every morning and making her customers happy.
She serves a very loyal clientele, and she loves what she does. You visit the Salon to untangle your knots and have a wonderful head scrub, deep massage, shampoo and condition by the one and only, In addition to any gorgeous hairstyle before leaving.
Why Tuluz Beauty Salon:
- You can shop for hair tools, products and extensions from her website.
- Dedicated to black hair
- We welcome all women of color and ethnicity.
- They are specialized in all textures of hair.
- Moreover, they also sell Gold Canyon Candles.
Tuluz Beauty Salon Contact Details:
- Website: tuluzhair.mayvenn.com
- Location: 1634 Canal St Merced, CA 95340
- Contact: (209) 230-6948
- Reviews: 50 Reviews on Google
- Ratings: 4.9/5
4. Kat Trujillo Hair at Mr & Ms Hair Fashions
The proprietor of Kat Trujillo Hair at Mr & Ms. Hair Fashions, Kathy, has over 30 years of expertise with scissors, razors, and clippers and is educated in color correction, foilage, highlights, and fashion colors.
Additionally, she has a certification in the Keratin Complex Smoothing Treatment. She has over 25 years of experience as a stylist at Mr. & Ms. Hair Fashions Salon and a true passion for hair cuts and colors. She takes pride in her job and works hard to satisfy every client.
Why Kat Trujillo Hair at Mr & Ms. Hair Fashions:
- Haircuts begin at $17, and Balayage starts at $120.
- Additionally, I have a certification in the Keratin Complex Smoothing Treatment.
- For more than 25 years, she has worked as a stylist at Mr. & Ms. Hair Fashions Salon.
Kat Trujillo Hair at Mr & Ms Hair Fashions Contact Details:
- Website: kat-trujillo-at-mr-ms-hair-fashions.business.site/
- Location: 912 W 18th St Merced, CA 95340
- Contact: (209) 631-4911
- Reviews: 10 Reviews on Google
- Ratings: 4.9/5
5. The Beauty Spot Boutique
The Beauty Spot Boutique is the spot for you if you’re looking for services beyond hair. In April 2011, The Beauty Spot was opened for business by Melissa, who has been a nail technician for 11 years and is the business owner.
Custom acrylic nail designs, tape-in hair extensions, gorgeous, natural-looking individual lashes extensions, full body waxing, and soothing pedicures are just a few of the specializations offered. Beauty Spot values its customers and works hard to deliver high-quality services that you will be glad to display and brag about to friends!
Why The Beauty Spot Boutique:
- Full sets of acrylic nails start at $40+ and go up in price depending on the length, shape, and decorations.
- Additionally, facial and complete waxing procedures are available.
- It is possible to mend, reshape, and polish any nail.
- There are services available for both men and women.
The Beauty Spot Boutique Contact Details:
- Website: Not Available.
- Location: 545 W Main St, Merced, CA 95340
- Contact: (209) 722-6245
- Reviews: 17 Reviews on Google
- Ratings: 4.6/5
6. Melissa’s Nail & Hair Salon
Since she was a small child, Melissa Daraphet has had a passion for doing nails and hair, and she has always wanted to manage her own business and open a hair salon. As a result, she established a full-service salon that offers men’s and women’s hair services.
The services of color, highlights, hair cuts, perms, acrylic nails, pedicures, gel nails, and waxing are offered in a welcoming, comfortable environment
Why Melissa’s Nail & Hair Salon:
- Budget-friendly yet quality nail extensions are provided.
- Walk-in clients are also served.
- Manicure and Pedicure Services are provided.
Melissa’s Nail & Hair Salon Contact Details:
- Website: Not available
- Location: 124 W Olive Ave Merced, CA 95348
- Contact: (209) 723-6932
- Reviews: 18 Reviews on Google
- Ratings: 3.8/5
7. Izak Vanity
The Salon Izak Vanity is like a little boutique. The business owner is self-employed. This skilled hairstylist offers eyelash extensions, eyebrow threading, face threading, keratin treatment, and hairstyling for all occasions.
Haircuts, hair color, hair extensions, and hair extensions services are also provided. Izak Vanity’s Facebook business page is where all reservations are made. It is situated inside the Retrolux hair salon. Try on their services at least once.
Why Izak Vanity:
- Personalized services are provided for individual customers.
- Installation of Extensions starts at $100.
- You can bring in your extensions and order them from the Salon.
- Hair balayage Starting price is $75
Izak Vanity Contact Details:
- Website: izakvanity.com
- Location: 436 W Main St Retrolux salon Merced, CA 95340
- Contact: (209) 819-2197
- Reviews: 20 Reviews on Google
- Ratings: 4.8/5
Merced is getting a rich experience from this select group of salons. Some of the most talented hair stylists committed to teaching, providing excellent service, and fantastic hair, are offering their services and eagerly awaiting your visit. So go on and enjoy your me time!
Hi, This is Aleksandra Ambrozy. I am a professional makeup artist and stylist based in Philadelphia who wants to spread my love for makeup around. With years of experience in the area, I am a makeup enthusiast both professionally and personally. This blog is solely focused on makeup as that is what I love writing about- quite a passion of mine!